Hey everyone- Justin here (no duh). This post is for everyone starting my summer fitness program! Keep reading if you want to scope out how the process goes for our Fall Class 2018 (details later).
First of all, let me say how excited I am to get you all started on this journey. Whether you are striving for weight loss, muscle gain, or just developing healthier habits- we are all here to get better. By now, unless you submitted your info late, you should have received your workouts, macro percentages and meal guide. I am going to breakdown how all of these foreign terms come together:
Your macro percentages are everything. Based on your height, weight, and goal, these percentages will dictate how large or small your portion sizes are. I have started everyone with either a “gain”, “lose” or “maintain” like goal based on your current situation/goal. We will be tweaking these as summer continues, so don’t fret if you don’t like what you see.
Your meal guide are just examples of foods put together that we have found to be very macro friendly. Macro friendly, essentially, are nutritious foods that you can eat a good amount of to feel more food and reach your daily macro goals.
By hitting your macro goals daily, or getting as close as you can, you are putting your body in the best position available to reach your goal! For example, if you want to burn fat, hitting these numbers will help your body function normally while living in a caloric deficit. Also, hitting these numbers will allow you to train hard- in theory. Obviously, the day to day grind may make workouts harder than expected, but we don’t need to get into that right now. Just hit those macros with nutritious foods and train hard. Everything else will fall into place.
- I am extremely busy this week, only able to really answer direct texts.
- I will have more of a social media/daily coaching presence in about a week. Bear with me, cause I will be sending you some really useful content!
- (Macro counting basics video, exercise demos, workout blogs/vlogs, and more).
- If you have any serious pressing needs, you can always text or call your coach. You should be contacted, if you have not been already, very soon.
- Please please please send me any questions or highlights (jpage_stoicfit) with the workouts or meal planning!! Those make my day and I am able to share with the world all you starting your journeys.
- If you are in San Diego, I will be offering a bootcamp that will take place once or twice a week, starting some time in June. Location TBD. It will be $15 a session, much more affordable than 99% of the personal training industry! This will be the perfect compliment to your given workout plan OR replacement for a workout or two on your program! I want to develop a group of people who want to get better and train in a group atmosphere, similar to that of a team. Please contact me if you are interested or have questions about this!
Cheers to a summer full of gains!
Justin & Team